Moreover, with Cogdill-Woods we are no longer in a church building. (Not that every earlier debate was held in a meetinghouse.) Wallace-Neal began in the sanctuary of First Christian Church in Winchester (before it was moved); Porter-Tingley split the time between Central Church of Christ and Tingley’s Birmingham Gospel Tabernacle. With Cogdill-Woods, we are now convening in a public high school. How does that affect how the debate is viewed? Does it? Does it affect the decision about listing the prayer and singing information? Am I reading too much into this?
- RT @DZRishmawy: The more time you spend repenting of sin, the less time you need to spend justifying it. 1 day ago
- RT @paulcmaxwell: "If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes." –St. Clement of Alexandria 2 days ago
- RT @jamestweeting: Every time you say "leverage" when you mean "use" Archimedes kills a kitten. 5 days ago
- RT @chettarcheese: "The grace of God don't rest easy on a man... Them is the one's scarred with God's mercy." Cormac McCarthy, Outer Dark 6 days ago
- RT @tonywoodlief: "Take away doubt, sin and anguish, and Christian faith turns into a caricature of itself." (M. Polanyi) 6 days ago