Moreover, with Cogdill-Woods we are no longer in a church building. (Not that every earlier debate was held in a meetinghouse.) Wallace-Neal began in the sanctuary of First Christian Church in Winchester (before it was moved); Porter-Tingley split the time between Central Church of Christ and Tingley’s Birmingham Gospel Tabernacle. With Cogdill-Woods, we are now convening in a public high school. How does that affect how the debate is viewed? Does it? Does it affect the decision about listing the prayer and singing information? Am I reading too much into this?
- RT @FaithTheology: He pushed even the doctrines in the direction of deeds. -Gregory Thaumaturgus, on studying with Origen 2 hours ago
- RT @BenHoward87: Robbing Jesus of his religious context and turning him into this cool dude who talks about grace basically makes him a sel… 3 hours ago
- RT @wcsoto: "If Mr. Rockefeller really rose by superior merit, America must be a kind of hell." G. K. Chesterton 5 hours ago
- RT @FaithTheology: In no case should we give the impression of letting the scriptures pass without examination. -Gregory of Nyssa 21 hours ago
- RT @PRMurewa: 'Man of Steel' marketers target Christians by sending pastors prepared sermons that compare... dailym.ai/19JaNF3 1 day ago